Automatically establishes and maintains pay schedules for all salaried employee positions based on assigned pay frequencies and pro-rated salaries (as calculated by the system or as over-ridden by authorized users). This feature reconciles salary payments for all salaried employees to prevent over or under-payment.
Automatically maintains budgetary encumbrances for all salaried employees on a real-time basis. Encumbrances can be selectively maintained for hourly or daily rate employees as desired.
Provides for rapid entry of hourly, daily and overtime payroll transactions—employee data entry lists can be sorted and “filtered”-- by position, budget code, department, location, supervisor, or additional user-defined fields-- to resemble the order that timesheets and other source data are submitted to the payroll office.
Provides a standard “import template” for importing pending payroll transaction data that originates in other time and attendance software applications (i.e. Kronos, SubFinder, eschools/SEMS, AESOP, etc), to help eliminate redundant data maintenance tasks.
Flexible options for payment of deferred salary ”balloon”/”big pay” payments for 10-month employees, including one lump-sum check or multiple checks. For multiple-checks, client sites can choose to pay these all in June or over the summer pay periods (for the latter, the salaries are still accrued as expenses in the prior fiscal year).
Automated calculation of retroactive pay for salaried employees; routines to summarize hourly, overtime, or daily pay transactions by employee position for processing retro pay for non-salaried employees.
Lump sum pay adjustments, retroactive pay, etc. are taxed as part of total annualized salary, rather than severely taxed as a “regular” biweekly pay item.
Unlimited voluntary deductions, direct deposit accounts, etc.
Provides efficient procedures for handling single payroll period deduction over-rides for individual employees, for all employees, or for specific group(s) of employees.
System-generated laser checks with electronic signature(s) on “blank” stock---no third party hardware or software required; no pre-printed check stock required; Check stubs provide clear and relevant pay and deduction information for current pay period, and for fiscal and calendar year-to-date.
Fully electronic interfaces for the submission of direct deposit pay records through the ACH system and for submission of bank account reconciliation files.
Provides transactions for processing refunds to employees for retirement system funds withheld in prior calendar years and generates the applicable 1099R and 945 reports.
Provides transactions for recording third-party sick and disability pay and incorporates these for determination of FICA and Medicare wages and taxes due and for reporting on system-generated 941’s and W-2’s.
Fully integrated with the General Ledger
- Expenditures and liquidations are distributed to the subsidiary budget ledger -- for gross payroll, for the employer share of FICA/Medicare and for employer ERS and TRS accruals-- as part of balanced journal entries; these are configurable to accommodate the manner in which the district funds its payroll from its specific bank accounts.
- Provides automated routine to create cash disbursement transactions (checks or EFT disbursement records) from the T & A Fund to specified vendors for employee deductions.
- For accrued payroll transactions processed in the new fiscal year, the system automatically creates the appropriate accounting entries in the current and prior fiscal years.
Extensive array of reports for pay period reconciliation, financial management, retirement system reporting, federal and state tax reporting, etc.
- Generates all reports required by NYS ERS and TRS
- Generates quarterly 941 report that can be submitted to IRS as printed from WinCap
- Generates W-2’s utilizing system routines; no third-party software or hardware is required